27.3.12

Lists of Note

Lists of Note was a recent blog find (via Maria Popova on Twitter**) that I immediately liked. 

Here's how Shaun, who runs the site, describes it:


Lists are created for all manner of reasons, and have been for many centuries. It's my aim to feature some of the most notable examples right here.

Today's post just so happened to be Billy Wilder's sreenwriting advice.
Billy Wilder is up there with Stanley Kubrick on my favourite directors. Not only was he the king of comedy (directorially speaking), but he had me on the edge of my seat in his suspense films.*
So I felt it my duty to share it with you.

Advice from Billy Wilder




*Just to give you a clue, think of the genre swap from Some Like it Hot to Double Indemnity and how powerful they both are.
** She's always linking to interesting and fun articles- or you can also find her posts HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment