29.3.12

Google Doodles!

"Do yourself a favour and go to google.com"
We've all said it or done it at one point during our social-networking active lives. 
And to tell you the truth, I always get a kick out of them; be it because I know who/what they're celebrating or I don't and therefore learn something new about someone/something.
It's a win/win situation that's oh-so-easy on the eye and a pleasant surprise!
The first Google Doodle was in honor of the Burning Man Festival of 1998. -- Wikipedia 
Hallmark, shmallmark- I wish everyday were a holiday or special date so that we could enjoy 365 google doodles!

Clockwise, Top left: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Clockwise, Top Left: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4



And let's not forget the animated ones. Notably (ie. my personal favourites): John Lennon's 70th birthday, Valentine's Day 2012, 30th Anniversary of Pac Man (we all took advantage of a free pacman game), Martha Graham's 117th Birthday (also pictured above) and Lucille Ball's 100th Birthday*!


Clockwise, Top Left: 1 / 2 / 3  


If you were a Google doodle for a day- what would you want yours to say about you and what would it be like?

If you feel like browsing around for more: http://www.google.com/doodles/

* 'Channel' 5 is one of the most famous scenes from I Love Lucy (at the chocolate factory). I wish they'd put the Vitameatavegamin one too!

ALL IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT GOOGLE. I DO NOT OWN THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment