14.2.12

Oh say, can you see my eyes...

If you can, then my hair's too short. *

And it truly is. Short. Finally!
I know I still have two "Top 10 Favourites" categories to go, but I've been putting off my hair transformation for too long (no pun intended).

Let me begin by saying that I've always been against short hair- at least shoulder length- on me because I've been mistaken to be younger. It used to bother me, now not so much. Hopefully I will still look 20 well into my 30's.

Having had a Beatles bob/mop top cut for the first 9 years of my life, I pledged to have hair as long as Rapunzel's- or as long as I could grow it.
 I'd only go to the hairdresser's to get it "trimmed".

So when I walked into my hairdresser's, sat on the swivel chair and she asked, "A trim, as usual?", my brain immediately started yelling "DON'T DO IT. DON'T DO IT."

But I did it (not before cutting my bangs myself- and having my brother fix them).


 I didn't hate it or cry about it a-la-America's Next Top Model-contestants-during-a-makeover.
It is liberating- my head has never felt lighter!

The inspiration(s) behind the cut
Audrey Hepburn, Michelle Williams, Carey Mulligan, Ginnifer Goodwin

So, if you've ever thought about chopping off all your hair, I encourage you to do so! (Though take no responsibility in the actual choice...)
* Down to here, down to there, I want hair down to where it stops by itself! Everyone needs to watch Hair 


No comments:

Post a Comment