11.10.12

Once a Procrastinator, Always a Procrastinator?


Being back in school has reminded me of my procrastinating ways.
They date back well into my teens when staying up late (or rather, early) wasn't an issue for me. It was feasible.
College? Yup. Mug after mug of English Breakfast at 3am and an ocasional Peanut Butter & Jelly interim the day before an assignment was due was the drill.

Now, I'm 25. I can stay up late. I can wake up early. But not one after the other.
I can no longer pull an all-nighter and be completely functional and present the next day.
I can't.

Is this what growing up is about?

It's a rather rude awakening (haaaa) as I realise I need to work on managing my time.* 
I'm like a dog in training.

But why am I talking about procrastination?

I came across this awesome** video a couple of days ago and thought it was brilliant.


[ via nowness.com ]

Miranda July is quirky and that's why I love her.
But there's so much to her quirky-ness that it causes you to pause and think.

And in my case, inspire me to work.

Are you a procrastinator? How do you get your work done?



* Hey, some 8 year old kids are already born with it. I wasn't one of the lucky ones.
** Ah, there's that word again...

No comments:

Post a Comment