20.1.13

On a clear day you can see forever...


It's been cold these last few days- no snow around these parts of the world- but for us used to warmer days, temperature changes come as a shock. Layered up with scarves, sweaters, jackets and gloves (indoors too, in my case) leaves me wanting to cuddle at home, cat on lap. 
Isn't that what these days are for, anyway?

Here I am again, making a promise to myself to write more often, to engage you all in shenanigans.

In the meantime, I come with this.
Bon Iver-ish vibes, perfect for a Sunday like today: cold and cloudy.


I also leave you with the last of the 2012-2013 Holiday pictures... 



 Pico de Orizaba on the way to grandma's house for New Year's

Untitled

I love the way the clouds and mountain ridges seem to overlap each other.
Ah, nature.

Untitled

Come the strike of 12am on the 1st of January in the New Year, we burn a viejo ('an old man'). A tradition in my family (and other Latin American countries, for that matter) that make New Year that much fun. 

The New Year began with new doings, such as bathing my cat.
Untitled

January also means more festivities, like the Rosca de Reyes.
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
Baby Jesus'* everywhere!

I not only encourage you (but also urge you) to visit #gnom gnom and read all about the Rosca Tradition & History. Plus, it comes complete with a delicious recipe. What are you waiting for?!

Untitled

I suggest you listen to the song again. And again. And again as I have.

Enjoy your Sunday.



* I can't help but think of Modern Family and laugh


1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! And you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete