26.5.14

Like a Mixed Bag of Nuts

I guess Forrest Gump said is best: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.


I've been feeling a lot of everything lately and I don't know what to make of it. 
Today's weather isn't helping as the sky is grey and gloomy and the rain is inconsistent. 

What does one do on days like today?
Not go to school.
Spruce up the blog- which I'm not too certain about...
Drink tea. Lots and lots of tea. 
Cry a little.
Hover around the HappyLite
Plan.
Write, write, write.

I had a falling out with a cousin recently, which was the first event that got me down.
Then, a guy I really like and was (sort of) seeing said he only wanted to be friends.
Then, I got my period which pretty much screws everything up in my life- at least mood-wise. 
I fail to see the big picture and instead mope around, mourning the futility of life.
As most women do on these days. Or is it just me?
Babysitting my nephew and puppy (read on) only stressed me out more, making me feel incompetent and grouchy.

I fear not though. I know this is all temporary and I always get by it.
A lesson is learned with every experience, too, that's definitely true. 

So, here are some happy things!

I got a puppy. His name is Pepino*.
He is a Pomeranian and Yorkie mix.


He is the funniest/ cutest being in my life right now. 
Any puppy training advice/tips are greatly appreciated!

I'll be heading down to Brazil soon and hope to visit my best friend in Argentina while I'm at it.

Despite my morose disposition on display here, I am quite content with myself in many areas of my life. I feel like I am finally making strides forward to a clearer and happier future/me.

I have a whole lot of books piled up, waiting to be read and snuggled with.

I have an amazing group of friends. 

So, if you're just having one of those days, do what I do and just tell yourself:

I  CAN


* Pepino is cucumber in spanish. He's got a lot of nicknames, cuke being one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment